- This event has passed.
County Training Day 2018
29 April at 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Come along and find out about the latest updates on the new programme being launched in September 2018. You’ll have lots of opportunities to share, learn and try new ideas and have lots of fun.
The day is for everyone – Commissioners and Leaders. Don’t forget to bring along your Young Leaders and new Leaders.
Please use CHECKOUT on the Eventbrite page and enter your personal details with your session choices from the information given below. If you choose the safe space as an option you only need to make one choice as those sessions run for the whole morning.
Arrive from 9.00am for refreshments and the welcome talk by Janita the County Commissioner at 9.30am
Choose one from each session………
Session 1 9.45 – 11.15am
Sectional trainings – Getting ready for the new programme – these sessions will update you on Our Journey towards the new programme, explore the six new programme themes and how you can continue to use existing resources and activities in the new programme.
- Senior section
- GO and Finance – how to use GO, manage accounts and claim gift aid.
Coffee break 11.15am – 12noon
Session 2 12 noon – 1.30pm
- Supporting leaders – Supporting leaders – this session will cover how to support leaders and districts as they transition to the new programme and how to make the change as easy as possible for the girls and leadership teams – for main unit leaders, commissioners and mentors.
- Making it happen – lots of activities and crafts to try and to share – Rainbows
- Making it happen – lots of activities and crafts to try and to share – Brownies
- Facebook – discover how to set up a face book group for your unit or district, check privacy
settings, upload files, post and share photographs and how to use FB to recruit
new leaders and girls.
- Going away with – top tips on how to achieve your Going Away With qualification – including overnights, camps and holidays..
- Young Leaders – this session is for Young Leaders and their unit leaders together, find out all about the qualification, how YL’s can achieve it, and how leaders can support them in achieving it, along with sharing ideas and activities.
……OR Choose ONE of the Safe Space sessions to cover both Session 1 & 2 9.45am – 12.45pm
- Safe Space – Level 1 & 2 – for Unit Helpers, Assistant Leaders and Young Leaders
- Safe Space – Level 3 – for main Unit Leaders, those using their Going Away With Licence, Mentors and Commissioners. Please complete the Level 3 e-learning prior to attending this course.
Lunch 1.30pm – 2.00pm
Northampton shop and fundraising stalls for international trips will be there so don’t forget some money.
County advisers will be on hand to answer your questions.
Session 3 2.00pm -3.00pm
Something just for you and not necessarily for the girls – just wander round and take your pick from the variety of crafts and skills on offer.
Safe Space trainers will be available to hold E-learning level 2 follow up worksheet discussions and discuss Level 3 Prior learning accreditation applications. Please complete all necessary paperwork and e-learning modules before coming to county day.
Deborah Lodge, one of the volunteer programme renewal specialists will be on hand to answer any Our Journey and programme questions you may have.
If you are unable to book via eventbrite please tick the sessions you prefer via this form and post it to us. County Training Day Form 2018
What should I wear?
Guide wear should be worn.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The County Training event is being held at Northampton High School. There is plenty of parking but why not car share and bring a friend or two!
What can I bring into the event?
Please bring a note book, pen and a packed lunch if you’re staying all day..
Will there be refreshments?
Drinks will be available on arrival, at break and lunch time
Additional needs? – Please state any allergies, mobility issues and
additional needs when booking
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Contact the County Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01604 648740 9.30-12.30 weekdays and term-time.
Closing date for bookings?
20th April 2018